http://Fb.me – FaceBook URL Shortener
FaceBook recently added a new shortened URL “fb.me” to make it simpler to access pages, profiles and groups.
Initially it may appear that there is no need for such an URL shortener as most people have heard of FaceBook and know the FaceBook Url www.faceBook.com .
But there are 3 main advantages:
- The increasingly popular Twitter service with its 140 character limit can show readers that it is a facebook link and promote your brand at the same time.
- The popular mobile market that access the web via their smart phones and other mobile devices.
- It is much easier to give people a short URL to your pictures on your profile.
There are 2 main disadvantage at the moment.
- There is no way to track how many clicks your links are getting which will make online marketing with the fb.me URL difficult to analyse its success.
- If your Fan Page does not meet the minimum criteria of 25 Fans then you do not have a vanity url and therefore your Fan Page will not have a memorable fb.me URL.
The benefits of having statistics and other analytical tools associated with a URL shortener are so emence that we would expect that FaceBook will roll out the new features in the near future.