Sir Wira Gardiner
- I wanted to find my English teacher from high school who told me at the age of 15 that I should leave and go an work on the railway because that is about my limit of capacity.RadioNZ
- When we built our house in Ruatoria we built the library first then the rooms for humans. RadioNZ
- I would describe myself in terms of achievement as more of a tortuous than a hare. I’m steady, plodding and keep on going while everyone else is having a rest. Think that is pretty much how i got to where I am now. RadioNZ
- Māori society has always recognised two types of leader, one who gets authority from his whakapapa and the other who is recognised for his achievements. pg 73. Graham Latimer a biography.
- Educational qualifications are not important for leadership in Maori society if the person has other qualities. pg 79 Graham Latimer a biography.