Profile picture in WordPress comments
Adding a profile picture to WordPress comments is an easy process that will give your comments and posts more authority and credentials. The image or avatar is officially referred to as a Gravatar.
If you have a WordPress Website
If you have a WordPress website, you probably already have an online profile but haven’t uploaded an image and email address to be associated with it.
Hosted WordPress websites need an API key to run the spam filter. When you obtain an API key from WordPress, you also get an online profile complete with Gravatar.
1. Go to www.wordpress.com.
2. Login using your WordPress.com username and password or click on the Signup button and get a username only account.
3. Hold your mouse over the My Account link at the top right of the screen.
4. Select Edit Profile from the drop-down list.
5. Click on the Change Your Gravatar link under the grey face and upload your image.
6. Make sure the email address is correct (if you change it you will need to confirm by email).
7. Add your website address.
8. Click Update Profile button at the bottom.
9. Logout of WordPress.com (top right).
If you don’t have a WordPress Website
1. Go to http://en.gravatar.com/
2. Setup a free account
3. Enter your email address and upload a photo or image.
This is ideal if you are a regular commenter on other peoples blogs or perhaps a regular commenter on a variety of blogs.